Events Operations Coordinator
9 month FTC | Secondment | Hybrid
Office location: White City, London
Hiring Range: £28,000 - £30,000
Your work matters to millions.
Shaping culture is in the DNA of ITV. So, it’s not surprising that you’ll find us in every home in the UK, our productions are famous all over the world and we’re at the forefront of the digital streaming revolution. When you join us, you enter a fun working environment. With opportunities to learn, to grow and make a real difference. Small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
Come develop your skills, change TV and the course of your career. Don’t just watch it. Be part of it. Join ITV.
Your impact sends ripples.
ITV Experiences are a team of events specialists responsible for bringing the ITV brand to life for internal and external audiences. We have a unique and wide remit, delivering live events for ITV colleagues (B2E), clients, advertisers and brand partners (B2B) - as well as activations for our Programme Publicity and Marketing teams (B2C).
The Operations Coordinator role will be uniquely positioned within the ITV Experiences team, split equally, with 50% providing critical support to the team’s operational excellence and 50% supporting the delivery of the team’s busy event portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, this newly created role will be an ambassador for ITV Experiences and will be integral in supporting and implementing agile operational processes and day-to-day functionality to ensure the team moves efficiently, consistently and in a compliant way, as well as providing critical support in planning, managing and delivering industry leading events.
The candidate will work closely with the Senior Operations Manager, ITV stakeholders, internal procurement and BLA teams, external partners and with the wider events team to build relationships, deliver on objectives and take our team operations and event activity to the next level.
This role is at the heart of the ITV Experiences team and as such, is best suited to candidates with an interest in event management and with previous events coordination or operational support experience.
Support evolving operational processes, including:
* Providing key support to the Senior Operations Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of core team operational processes and systems
* Owning the scheduling of team meetings, ensuring appropriate meeting rooms are booked for these and all team collaboration sessions are set up for success
* Creating and maintaining all team project planning document templates, ensuring they are current and kept up to date at all times
* Support with the research, testing and implementation of new digital tools and systems, (including project, resource, data and delegate management tools)
* Acting as a key point of contact and managing internal partners, including AV, security, hospitality, logistics and workplace services, ensuring the team is kept up to date with any key developments and internal processes
* Acting as the main point of contact for our offsite storage, managing and maintaining the storage inventory doc and acting as a key conduit between ITV Experiences, workplace services and offsite storage teams to ensure the smooth movement and safe storage of items
Support event project delivery, including:
* Providing key support to core project teams (including Senior Project Managers and Project Managers) in the development, pre-production, delivery and post production of allocated projects
* Providing critical event coordination, including diary management, project meeting scheduling, production of agendas and status reports and booking travel and accommodation for team, speakers, clients, talent etc
* Additional key event support including venue sourcing and independent venue research, managing event merchandise (including writing briefs, managing samples and overseeing production and storage of items) and researching event dressing, props, event entertainment (including photo opportunities, music entertainment and speakers)
* Budget management, including raising purchase orders, updating budgets with agreed spend, processing project credit card expenses
* Leading event guest list and inbox management for events, supporting with delegate registrations via data management systems (Dot Mailer etc)
* Liaise with event suppliers and co-ordinate different elements of the event including AV, catering and venues
* Coordinate the shipment of collateral to events within the UK and internationally including packing kit, sourcing items and ordering and overseeing courier delivery
* Produce risk assessments and feed in to pre-event Health and Safety documentation
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will join us with solid previous experience in either an Events Assistant or Coordinator role and with a passion to develop a career in events management. Please note this is not an entry level events role.
Skills you’ll need (minimum criteria)
* Demonstrable experience working effectively under pressure, providing ongoing, critical team support and coordinating projects on time and on budget in a fast-paced environment
* Experience working with budgets and finance systems
* Proficiency in Google Workspace (inc. Gmail, Drive, Slides, Sheets and Docs) and Office and Mac applications (inc. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote)
* Experience using database/delegate management software/CMS, such as Dotmailer
Other things we’re looking for (key criteria)
* A real passion for events!
* Understanding of the media and events industry
* Good knowledge of TV and wider streaming industry
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills
* The ability to prioritise, multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
* A positive can do attitude, willing to get stuck in no matter how big or small the task
* A confident and clear communicator with good written and verbal skills
* Exceptional attention to detail - especially when managing complex data/schedules
* Ability to quickly build relationships across ITV departments and with external suppliers
* A customer and client-centric approach
* Confident dealing with senior level management, VIP’s and ITV talent
* A self-starter, you will work well as part of a team, and on your own initiative
ITV is for everyone.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people. As a Disability Confident Leader, if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee to take you to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments. Please discuss with your recruiter during the process.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
Because those who make an impact deserve to be rewarded for it.
ITV offers some great rewards and benefits including:
Flexible working with a range of options to suit everyone
Generous holiday allowance, plus you can buy more
Annual bonus opportunity
Competitive pension contribution
Save as you earn - with an opportunity to buy ITV share
Wellbeing and volunteering days plus a wide range of opportunities to help you live a balanced and healthy life
Closing date: 13th November 2023