Job Title: Social Media & Communications Officer
Location: Oaklands Catholic School and Sixth Form College, Waterlooville, Hampshire
Salary: Support Staff Grade D1 £25,628 - D5 £28,326
Job Type: Full Time, 37 hours a week, 52 weeks
Initial Two-Year fixed term contract
Oaklands is a Catholic Academy taking in boys and girls from 11 -18, which has been established by the Diocese of Portsmouth for the education of Catholic children who live within the designated parish catchment area allocated to the school. In addition, Oaklands also takes in a number of children from other Christian denominations whose parents have specifically requested a Catholic education at the school, provided that they satisfy the criteria laid down in the Governors' Admissions Policy.
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a Social Media & Communications Officer to join our hardworking, committed and enthusiastic team.
About the role:
The role will require the successful candidate to report to the Strategic Publicity and Marketing Group, whilst liaising with a wide variety of other staff and external stakeholders to aid the vision of increasing our community engagement.
The position will initially focus around Oaklands Catholic School and its Sixth Form College for an initial two year period, pending the anticipated growth of the Edith Stein Catholic Academy Trust and subsequent scope of this role.
The opportunity to work at home for part of the week could be explored with the successful candidate.
The Social Media & Communications Officer will be responsible for growing the school's image within the local community. To achieve this the individual will need to be creatively minded with the aim of pushing the boundaries of education marketing. In conjunction with this the role has an additional responsibility in implementing the school's marketing strategy through an omni channel marketing approach, to increase engagement with internal and external school stakeholders. This will entail managing all the school's social media accounts, whilst creating marketing content.
The successful applicant will be highly organised and possess good interpersonal skills. A high level of practical skills, technical knowledge and organisation ability are also essential.
* Educated to Level 3 - A Level or equivalent
* Experienced and high level of written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of managing commercial social media accounts
* Experience of capturing and producing video marketing content
* Experience of capturing and producing graphic marketing content
* Experience of utilising video and graphic design software. For example the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro)
* Sound administrator with attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Organisational ability and able to manage time to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
* Appreciation of the issues working around young people and prepared to train to gain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of children and young people
* Ability to support the school ethos
* Confidentiality and discretion
* Use of initiative
* Sense of humour
* Confidence and assertiveness
* Tidy and organised approach with attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and multitask
* Ability to work as part of a team and independently
* Ability to forge and maintain good relationships with members of staff and students
* Takes pride in work and has high expectations of self and others
* Willingness to participate fully in the life of the school
* Ability to work flexible hours on occasions when required
* Willingness to work overtime, if required Desirable
* Degree education or beyond
* Previous experience of working in a similar role
Closing date: Sunday 31st December 2023, 5.00pm
Interviews: Week of 2nd January 2024
If you're interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward, please hit APPLY and follow the link to complete your application including all relevant application forms on our website.
Please note that incomplete applications/CVs will not be accepted.
Please attach the application form together with the consent to obtain references form too.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Social Media Assistant, Social Media Executive, Content Executive, Content Assistant Content Marketer, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketer, Online Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Content Manager, Marketing Campaign Coordinator, B2B Marketing, Comms Executive, Marketing and Comms Assistant, Marketing Strategy, Communications Officer, Communications Assistant, Communications Officer, Marketing Specialist, Communications Executive may be considered for this role