We are are working with the London Borough of Brent to recruit a Safeguarding and Deprivation of Liberty Team Manager.
The appointed candidate will be an experienced Team Manager and QSW .. with responsibility for the following areas.
* Ensure that requests for authorisation of deprivation of liberty are completed in a timely and compliant way.
* Scrutinise BIA and s.12 reports.
* Prepare the DoLS authorisation record (Form 5)
* Ensure authorisation records and relevant letters are forwarded to care providers and RPR as well as completing relevant referrals.
* Actively promote wellbeing and independence and ensure that care providers and RPR have a clear understanding of the DoLS and MCA process.
* Provides MCA/ DoLS & adult safeguarding training to stakeholders.
* Signoff newly qualified BIAs and provides them with shadowing opportunities.
* Provide guidance to Assessment & Wellbeing about DoLS objections.
* Effectively providing support and supervision to staff in the DoLS team.
Safeguarding Adults Manager
* Carry out the Duty function on a rota basis to ensure that all Safeguarding Concerns are effectively screened and people are safe
* Lead the Safeguarding Adult process for individual cases in line with the London Multi-Agency Adult Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (and additional Brent specific operational procedures).
* Responsible for supervising a group of staff across their service area and dealing with day to day quality assurance, customer care and performance issues
* Progress concerns that meet the threshold, allocating to Enquiries Officers and Safeguarding Liaison Officers to undertake enquiries within agreed timescales and supervise this work.
* Ensure the adult at risk (AAR) is involved, where possible, in the decisions made in line with Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) guidelines and ensure appropriate Mental Capacity Assessments have been undertaken.
* Ensure all safeguarding documentation is completed to a high standard, including enquiry reports, case notes, Meeting Minutes and Transfer Summaries including monitoring information.
* Effectively providing support and supervision to staff in undertaking safeguarding enquiries.
* Make decisions on transfer of cases for further enquiry or closure of enquiries and record decisions with clear rationale.
* Complete reports and chronologies as necessary to support the work of the Safeguarding Adults Board
* Represent the Safeguarding Adults Team and Adult Social Care at relevant multi-disciplinary meetings, these may include MARAC, CHANNEL Panel, MAPPA
If you are interested in this position, please apply or send your CV to Rebecca Knight or call on (phone number removed)
Benefits of working with Eden Brown Synergy include:
* DBS check processed and paid for by Eden Brown Synergy
* Referral bonus if you refer a colleague or friend to us
* Bonus for finding your own job
* Twice weekly payroll
* Dedicated recruitment consultant who will support you throughout your job search, employment and beyond.
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £250 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £250 could be on it's way to you! Your expert recruitment consultant is Rebecca Knight, call today on (phone number removed) or email (url removed) Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Eden Brown Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number (phone number removed). Our registered address is 5th floor 4 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AR, part of nGAGE Specialist Recruitment Limited T/A nGAGE Talent. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. We take reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email but cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free