Azure DevOps Engineer - Inside IR35
Key skills required:
Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
PaaS & IaaS
Strong Infrastructure background
VMWare - Inside IR35
This role is open due to the demand in our services continuing to accelerate. You will be joining a matured and battle-hardened team of experienced consultants, working closely with our existing team and reporting to our Lead Consultant.
A Senior Consultant focuses on delivering projects in the field of infrastructure technologies including data centre consolidation / relocation, and migration (physical and virtual) including server, storage, virtualization, and database.
The position will require strong technical skills with a consulting and client facing background. The candidate will support all aspects of the data centre migration projects.
This is a partial remote role however the training will initially take place in our Kent based office, so candidates ideally live within a reasonable traveling distance of the Tonbridge area.
· Obtain and maintain working knowledge of our migration / transformation tools and use in the delivery of migration projects (training provided)
· Take direction from Project Management team and Lead Consultants to deliver client projects.
· Support migration discovery, analysis & planning, target readiness and execution project phases with clients and internal resources.
· Work with the client and Project Management to gather / analyse client requirements and match to solutions.
· Analyse gathered environment data to normalise, map and import, establish dependencies and determine move groups for events.
· Create or edit runbooks as necessary to facilitate move events.
· Participate in SME interviews to gather system, application and dependency information.
· Attend logistical and technical strategy sessions with internal consultants and clients.
· Work to deliver assigned tasks as per defined project schedules.
· Attend remote and on-site meetings with clients.
· Data manipulation and analysis using Microsoft Excel.
· Participate in regular status meetings with client and project team.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Help develop client presentations and project deliverables.
· Effectively communicate relevant project information to team and superiors.
· Knowledge and experience in application, data centre and infrastructure projects - data centre migrations and consolidations.
· Good experience with VMWare and specifically NSX
· Knowledge of and ability to perform server and application dependency analysis.
· General understanding of data centre IT functions with a focus on application, server, storage, and network.
· Knowledge of MS Excel advanced features is desirable (vLookup, Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas, etc.).
· 3+ years experience in Cloud based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.).
· 3+ years experience in on-premise infrastructure (VMWare, Hyper-V, Active Directory, etc.).
· Bachelor's degree in management information systems or related field (preferred).
· AWS or AZURE certified (preferred).
· 2+ years of progressive experience in the delivery of data centre consulting services.
· 4+ years of overall IT technology project experience