Front End/Well Design Engineer
Key Skills: Well Engineering, Front End Well Design, Well Design
Contract: 12 month Contract
Salary / Package: PAYE Day rate, plus holiday accrual + Pension Auto Enrolment
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
Key words: Well Engineering, Front End Well Design, Well Design
Our Oil & Gas Operator client are recruiting for a Front End/Well Design Engineer to join the clients’ Aberdeen team for 12 month contract.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for a world renowned Oil & Gas Operator on a North Sea Drilling/Well Design projects. Excellent day rate, plus holiday accrual.
Hybrid working arrangements in place.
Key Responsibilities and background:
* The Well Engineer is responsible for the well design aspects of well delivery, in particular relating to drilling. The Well Engineer will deliver assured detailed designs and programs to the Line of Business, incorporating local/regional and activity specific requirements. As the primary interface with the asset/venture team, the role requires close integration to ensure functional requirements are met and efficiencies are identified and realized.
* The engineer will continue to support the Well Delivery Team through the execution phase by transitioning into the operations team, ensuring risks are carried into execution and learnings are captured. The Engineer will ensure that Well Delivery processes under their remit follow appropriate client's standards and that required assurance is in place.
* The Well Engineer will be responsible for ensuring high quality detailed design work that can be efficiently executed in line with project value drivers. The Well Engineer will be required to work with service providers and other key external stakeholders.
* The Well Engineer will drive improvement opportunities including the application of Technology. They will utilize available digitalization technologies to facilitate efficient workflow through the detailed design phase.
* The Well Engineer reports to the Well Engineering Team Lead.
* Responsible for the well planning and design requirements for the preparation of the Basis of Well Design, including casing design and risk management.
* Organising and leading Well Design reviews.
* Preparation of drilling programs and regulatory permits.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
* Well design experience for the planning of offshore drilling operations (subsea and jack-up), preferably with recent UK experience.
* Significant experience in Well Engineering with a proven track record in well design, planning and execution delivery.
* Strong stakeholder integration and influencing skills. Proven ability to build relationships effectively and to deliver across teams and multiple disciplines.
* Ability to deliver high-quality complex projects.
* Southern North Sea and Zechstien drilling.
* Offshore operational experience is an advantage (site supervisor or equivalent).
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson