Job Title : SCADA Engineer
Daily rate : £650pd
Location: Hybrid, Remote working & Durham (once a month or adhoc)
Contract Length : 12 months renewable
Start date: ASAP
Inside IR35 (umbrella)
EDF R is one of the biggest companies of its kind with 33 operational onshore wind farms and 2 offshore wind farms across the country, together with a 150MW of operating battery storage. EDF R is also active in UK solar power generation and is currently constructing 200MW+ of projects in the UK and Ireland. The business is responsible for developing, building and operating its renewable assets in the UK.
We are the place for those passionate about renewables to grow and develop their careers.
The Control & SCADA Engineer shall deliver Engineering services in the Engineering Team, CTO, and wider business, demonstrating an ability to add value to opportunities in a highly competitive and changing marketplace while ensuring appropriate Engineering and Quality standards are maintained.
They will develop and maintain relationships across EDF Renewables in the UK, and the wider EDF Group in the UK and internationally. In addition, they will develop and maintain external relationships with our supply chain, Industry bodies, technical standards organisations, academia/research bodies, and wider network in order to enhance, promote, and protect our activity and brand.
They will contribute to a strong, collaborative and positive working culture among the Engineering Team, and for delivering the full potential of synergies and efficiencies with the wider business.
· Leading by example and proactively maintaining the highest level of standards to comply with all Zero Harm requirements while taking care of personal health and safety and that of others.
· Undertaking Control & SCADA Engineering activities in a diligent and professional manner.
· Undertaking Control & SCADA Engineering activities in accordance with statutory requirements, and, EDF Renewable policies including Zero Harm, Quality, Engineering, and Design Management policies.
· Maintaining a suitable level of expertise in Control & SCADA Engineering.
· Providing Control & SCADA Engineering support across all EDF-R Directorates and for the full lifecycle of assets from origination to decommissioning.
· Embedding Engineering excellence and operational experience in Control & SCADA Engineering activities.
· Embedding the consideration of risk and lifetime costs in all Engineering activities.
· Part of 16+ employees and contractors in the Grid and Electrical Team.
· 36 + sites in operation, delivering c.1GW.
· c. 600MW in construction next year (incl. 450MW offshore).
· Pipeline +2GW in UK and Ireland.
· Significant ambition to accelerate growth across different renewables technologies.
· The Engineering Team is a central function which supports across all technologies and at each phase of the asset lifecycle.
OTHER PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
Demonstrate, by example, adherence and involvement to deliver the four strategic pillars of EDF Renewables UK, namely Zero Harm, Operational Excellence, Business Growth and Inspiring People.
Contribute to building and strengthening a skilled, high performing, and motivated Grid and Electrical Team, with an open and positive working environment, and a culture of excellence, collaboration and trust.
Provide Control & SCADA Engineering support to the business during periods of high risk and urgency.
Provide Control & SCADA system technical direction and support to establish a temporary or permanent corrective action plan, and support root cause analysis and solution development when required.
Ensure all Control & SCADA system assessments, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures.
Support technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) activities.
Responsible for ensuring fleet wide Control & SCADA system risks are identified, captured, recorded and addressed appropriately, providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure risk level is ALARP.
Ensure that Control & SCADA system lifetime costs are optimised during the origination, design, and construction of EDF Renewable assets.
Ensure decommissioning and/or end of life of Control & SCADA system infrastructure is considered during the design and construction phases of projects.
Actively engage in internal lead teams and committees, and build a strong support network with the wider EDF business.
Represent EDF Renewables in external meetings, industry bodies, tradeshows and conventions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Proven Engineer successful in delivering projects/programmes, establishing/managing relationships, securing and maintaining a safe environment, managing priorities, and inspiring and influencing behaviours and actions.
Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and quality.
Minimum of an HNC/HND in C & I/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline. Chartered membership of an appropriate body would be an advantage.
Accreditation under WTSR, competent technician, authorised technician or authorised engineer is desirable.
Accreditation under HVSR, competent person, authorised person, limited senior authorised person or senior authorised person is desirable.
NEBOSH or IOSH (or equivalent) is desirable.
Highly proficient in key areas of Engineering in the renewables environment.
Specialist in an Control & SCADA Engineering discipline within the renewable energy or similar sector.
Strong experience of managing risks and challenges in a renewables or similar environment.
Excellent at building successful relationships with external partners, peers, stakeholders and reporting line.
Good command of Microsoft Office package (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, etc.).
Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas as the role requires.
Full clean UK driving licence.
Excellent (English) oral and written communication skills.
If interested please apply with your CV and we'll be in touch very soon.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants