A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a Primary School in Dudley - Brierley Hill. The school is looking for a highly motivated and truly inspiration SENCo. This role is a temporary contract. From January 2024-July 2024.
The school offer achievement, opportunity, and professional challenge to their pupils within a supportive environment. The school are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a thorough understanding of and experience in pedagogical coaching including lesson observations and feedback
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (or regional equivalent)
• Have an accredited Postgraduate SEND or NASENCo qualification. A further qualification or wealth of experience in SEND (SpLD, Autism Spectrum Condition, PMLD) and teaching and learning strategies
• Excellent and detailed understanding of current safeguarding procedures
• Evidence of experience in raising achievement for the good of students
• Understanding of SEND and experience in promoting the inclusion of all students
• Have an extensive understanding of a range of SEN matters as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Have experience of working with learners of all abilities and enabling progression
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills demonstrating optimistic personal behaviour towards stakeholders
• Lead by example in terms of work ethic, integrity, reliance, clarity, and professional behaviour
• Be a positive role model of professional practice and conduct
• Highly organised, able to plan time effectively, meet deadlines and delegate appropriately
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Operational responsibility for the day to day running of Learning Support across the School.
• Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils learning. This includes assessing access arrangements for public exams.
• Maintain the SEN register in accordance with the Learning Support Policy.
• Prepare for, chair and follow up annual reviews for pupils with a statement or Education, Health and Care plan.
• Make sure all evidence of progress against EHCP targets is detailed, accurate and demonstrates the impact upon the student’s outcomes.
• Be a point of contact for the parents of pupils at Phases 2 and 3 and those participating in the Learning Support Programme at Phase 1.
• Report to and meet regularly with the leadership team and local governing body (the CA Team) and Regional/District Principal
• Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and commit to a class teaching input as agreed with the school leadership team
• Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date and relevant school improvement plan in cooperation with staff, the Trust and the wider professional team and rigorously implement it’s priorities and take direct responsibility for areas of school improvement
• Implement and maintain policies promoting a high standard and equitable approach to student welfare and behaviour management
• Support the management and organisation of the school environment effectively to ensure that safeguarding children and young people is given highest priority
• To perform such other duties as may be requested from time to time, commensurate with the role
As a SENCo through TeacherActive you will receive:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Support from a dedicated team of consultants
• An excellent referral scheme *Terms and Conditions apply*
• Access to a range of unique positions in our schools
All of our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you’re paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there’s no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard earned cash.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services