Pastoral SEN Support
Position: Pastoral SEN Support
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: £99 - £115 per day
Time: 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Pastoral Assistant to work with a motivated and friendly school team in a specialist school setting. In this role, you will be responsible for providing pastoral care to students, supporting their emotional well-being and mental health needs.
The students in this setting are aged 11-16 and all have additional needs around Anxiety, mental health, behaviour and anger.You will work closely with teachers, parents, and external agencies to ensure that students receive the necessary support to thrive both academically and personally.
This role is Monday to Friday (phone number removed)pm and is Long-term , term time only .
The school is situated in the Newcastle Area , easy to Reach by car or Public Transport
· Provide pastoral care to students, including emotional and mental health support
· De-escalating and calming any situations where needed
· Work closely with teachers to identify and address any pastoral concerns affecting student wellbeing
· Liaise with external agencies, such as social services or mental health charities, to ensure students receive appropriate support
· Provide guidance and support to parents on pastoral matters, including signposting to relevant service
· Experience working in a school or education setting is preferred BUT we welcome applications from ex armed forces, police service, youth workers , prison service or any robust recent graduates
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills , the ability to calm pupils in crisis, set great behaviour strategies and build strong and positive rapport
· Understanding of child development, mental health, and well-being issues affecting young people
· A good level of Maths and English
· An enhanced DBS on The update service or the willingness to complete an immediate application
· Team Teach is preferred but NOT essential
At GSL we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools. We offer competitive salaries, paid bi-weekly and a great candidate experience including regular contact from our team and a huge commitment for finding work that you want.
In addition to that, we are currently offering £100 for the successful referral of either Teachers or Teaching Assistants!
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Elliott at GSL Education