Fire Design Engineer
Fire Design Engineer
V7 are currently looking for a fire design engineers on a contract basis for an exciting national fire alarm upgrade project in the UK. This role involves undertaking the design for a number of commercial sites for a large fire security upgrade project. The client is a leading global organisation in the fire and security market, They specializes in the market they operate in and are looking for a skilled design engineers to effectively undertake the design, production of quotations, technical submittals / drawings and proposals to British fire alarm standards.
* 6 month contact (with possible extension)
* Remote working, with site surveys required (night shifts will also be required)
* Day rate £360 - £385 a day
* Location: surveying sites across the Newcastle area.
* Design responsibility and the production of fire alarm design proposals.
* Managing a number of designs / proposals at any one time and prioritizing according to project needs
* Site based surveys to further develop client supplied desktop designs
* Ensuring that all designs & proposals produced are accurately costed and priced to achieve the agreed company margins and any necessary management approvals & sign offs are obtained prior to issue.
* Ensuring all quotations are compliant with the relevant standards & regulations currently in force at the time, CDM, fire alarm British standards etc.
* Carrying out site surveys as required regionally and elsewhere within the UK to support the sales & operations tea
* Technical knowledge of fire alarm panels (Gent would be ideal, but not essential)
* Experience in a similar role liaising with end user and contractors
* Good knowledge of office applications Google & MS
* FTSG Part 6 training course or equivalent (FIA Design desirable)
* Ability/ willingness to travel to attend site surveys across Newcastle with night shift work included.
* Own IT equipment of suitable specification to undertake the work required survey drawing to be marked electronically