Main Purpose of JOB
The purpose of this job is to accelerate the data maturity and strategy of Corporate functions under the Corporate Data Services (CDS) Value Stream. The role requires a close working relationship with the Data Management Lead, the Corporate functions (particularly the Data Owners and Steward), the Data Management CoE and relevant product owners to accelerate the data strategy objectives as well as supporting the Corporate Data Services in advancing data management maturity. Facilitating development of data vision, data strategy and associated data management initiatives, including but not limited to data governance, data quality, metadata management. Full engagement with corporate function stakeholders, Data Owners, Data Stewards and CDS will be essential to develop excellent working relationships, born out of respect and trust and gained through demonstrating competence at all levels of data management.
Work with Data Management Lead and CDS team to plan, organise and deliver multiple data management initiatives across multiple corporate functions, using agile methods, where possible. Ensure interdependencies, risks and priorities are clearly understood and managed and progress is made to meet sprint objectives. Deploy clear and effective workstream project management, making use of different communication channels.
The Data Governance Standard must be followed with each corporate function's activities being in line with the Data Governance Framework. The candidate must follow a strong cadence of tracking progress that allows visibility of all initiatives within the corporate function. This will include following data principles and, establishing a data strategy, identifying, and assigning ownership to sub-domains and data elements, establishing Data Governance Boards at the appropriate time, identifying metadata for cataloguing, and data quality measures, implementing data sharing practises and contributing to policy and strategy development. Joining CDS daily stand-ups, scrum calls, working groups and inputting into executive updates is essential.
Data ManagementEstablishing effective capabilities required by the corporate function for data use and management will be essential. The Data Strategy Gide should be used to help support each corporate function on their journey of developing their Data vision and Data Strategy. The candidate will need to provide guidance and support in identifying and prioritising issues and challenges faced by the corporate function and users of their data, establishing a high-level roadmap of initiatives and required data management capabilities (such as data ownership, steward ship, data quality management, metadata management, master data management) which complement the business objectives and strategy to form a successful data strategy.
The CDS value stream aims to encourage corporate functions to develop their data management capabilities, data governance processes and increase their data management maturity. Executing effective discovery stages is critical in ensuring the corporate function focuses on the correct initiatives. The successful candidate will help coordinate the discovery of data issues and challenges and initiatives to address these as well as establishing policies etc. Ensuring coordination and supporting the execution of initiatives to compliment the CDS value stream and capacity within the Data Management Centre of Excellence is essential.
Being a Data Evangelist, talking about the importance of data management, data governance and the use of technology is essential to improving the corporate functions data maturity and critical to the value streams success. This role requires cooperation with the Change Lead who will help coordinate a communications plan, making use of the different mediums available across the corporate functions as they progress. The candidate will work closely with each corporate functions assigned data managers to ensure messages are tailored to suit the needs of different stakeholder groups. Clear and succinct project updates are required to facilitate briefings across the value stream, including update of centralised tracker and regular reviews with the Data Management Lead and CDS value stream.
Effectively managing a diverse group of stakeholders, both customers and enablers, is essential in the successful deployment of data management projects. Candidate must have the ability to readily influence all stakeholders through developing trust, demonstrating confidence, being alert to their needs and listening to and acting on their concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Someone who has excelled in data management activities including strategy and governance within a challenging, dynamic, business environment.
· Clear track record of leading & implementing data strategy, data governance and management projects, including working in multi-disciplinary teams.
· Demonstrable experience in managing customers effectively, including a broad range of stakeholders.
· Understanding of agile governance process and requirements
Essential Job Specific Skills and Experiences
· Proven prior experience in data strategy development, data governance, data quality and metadata management initiatives.
· Proven track record in data management, particularly establishing data domain governance, metadata management, and data quality initiatives to develop data maturity of functions.
· Able to influence positive behavioural change across diverse teams.
· Effective communicator with experience of raising awareness and educating others.
· Able to manage multiple functions workstreams simultaneously.
Functional / Technical Skills
· Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, including O365 applications and PowerBI.
· Working knowledge of enterprise data catalogues advantageous.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills
· Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
· High level of self-motivation with the ability to work within an environment subject to change.
· Flexible attitude to working location and environment.
· Ability and drive to deliver high quality work at pace.
· Interpersonal skills to make positive business relationships at each level of the organisation.
Firm Wide Expectations
· Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post.
· Comply with all Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
· Maintain confidentiality and observes data protection guidelines.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate with their capability.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants