Home Ownership Officer
Home Ownership Officer
Initially 3 months
Candidate must be able to work minimum 2 days per week in our office at Catford.
At London Borough of Lewisham, we believe in building on potential. As a Home Ownership Officer, your ability to proactively manage a variety of Right to Buy and home ownership functions within procedural & legislative deadlines could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Council is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Home Ownership Officer, you will be responsible for providing a high quality, customer focused and responsive service to Lewisham Homes home owners.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
• Proactively manage a variety of RTB and home ownership functions within procedural & legislative deadlines.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of RTB / Collection / Service Charge legislation and communicate this clearly and precisely to others in writing, interview and telephone
• Consult with leaseholders (statutory & non-statutory consultation) & assist with applications for dispensation
• Build good working relationships with the local Tenant and Residents’ Associations. Attend out of hours meetings as required.
• Respond to correspondence and complaints, and provide drafts for member’s enquiries.
• Identify and record details of vulnerable residents, signpost residents for support as required.
• Ensure safeguarding concerns are acted on immediately and in compliance with the safeguarding procedure.
• Investigate complex cases, work collaboratively with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi agency responses to complex cases and carry out home / estate visits / inspections in a lone working capacity as required.
• Take legal action as necessary. Ensure all legal paperwork is completed to a high standard. Attend court hearings (including tribunal & mediation), representing the organisation positively at all times.
• Keep up to date with all relevant legislation and good practice issues relating to the role.
We expect everyone at Lewisham council to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme