Sefton- Qualified Social Worker- Children's Services
Qualified Social Worker - Sefton - Children's Services Teams
We are looking for social work practitioners who are able to undertake work across our social work teams including child in need, child protection, children in care and children with disability. Sefton is a changing and vibrant authority, already on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards an exciting 2030 vision and delivering our 5 year children and young peoples plan. Sefton is an exciting place to be and we would like social workers to join us, to be part of our journey of continuous improvement. Sefton has a committed workforce and we are keen to drive down caseloads and achieve good outcomes for our children and Young People. If you come to work for Sefton, we have a flexible working policy for all staff with the ability to work from home and car parking if you come to the office. We believe training and supervision is key to our workforce and this will be available for anyone who joins sefton. Consistency and stability is important to us and we are able to offer 6 month contracts to those that join us and pay can be negotiated, subject to previous experience and suitable reference checks,
Benefits in this role:
* Supportive team and management
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi - agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
Double payrolls each week