Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their busy finance team.
This is a full time, 12-month FTC.
Hours: Monday – Friday, either 08:00-16:00 or 09:00-17:00 can be completed.
This role of Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Treasury and Accounts Payable Team Leader. This position will be an integral part of the team, which currently processes high volumes of invoices, in excess of 45,000 per year.
Applicant’s must have:
* Detailed knowledge of accounts payable function
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
* Ability to use your own initiative and work either on your own, or as part of a team
* Ability to deal with vendor calls in a professional and constructive manner
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to build working relationships
* Work well under pressure, in a busy environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to retain information within the variety of the invoice process
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensuring invoices are processed in compliance with agreed terms and conditions
* Processing of invoices and credit notes for both goods received invoices and complex service invoices
* ensuring that invoices are processed using an electronic approval system.
* Responsibility for ensuring correct coding of service invoices
* To take ownership of own large contract invoices, meeting with key vendors to improve and maintain good working relationships
* Dealing with supplier queries either by phone, written correspondence or in person
* Liaising with the procurement team as necessary to resolve issues
* Liaising with other internal departments to ensure processes are followed and queries reduced
* Completing supplier statement reconciliations
* Occasional scanning
Knowledge of SAP accounting package preferable (although not essential, as training will be provided). Ideally, as the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will have the flexibility and adaptability to change within the team processes as required.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to continue a career within a busy finance department.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd