Transport Development Engineer
Role: Transport Development Engineer REF 14942
Contract Length: 12 months – may be extended
Location: Hybrid/Ipswich- A mix of working from home and office based. May require some site visits
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £23.40 - £27.30 per hour
Spinwell is recruiting for a Transport Development Engineer for an excellent opportunity within the public sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
* To formulate the Highway Authority’s response to consultations on planning applications for medium and large development proposals
* To agree design principles for new development
* To manage the work of the Transport Planning Engineers and Technicians
* To formulate the Highway Authority's response on Local Plans
* To work with colleagues to develop town wide transport plans including proposals for suitable schemes in those locations.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE OF THE TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
* High level understanding of all aspects of highway design and construction and relevant sections of Highways Act
* Detailed knowledge of section 38 and 278 agreement process
* Significant experience in interpreting complex transport assessments and responding to developers/consultants
* Capable of representing the team at meetings with internal and external organisations (as appropriate) to provide expert advice in area of work, sometimes in challenging circumstances.
* Excellent understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice applicable to highway works
* Solve varied problems relevant to area of work.
* Understanding of highway maintenance and safety
* Previous experience of applying creative thought to problem solving.
* Capable of managing own work and that of others to meet shared objectives.
* Capable of producing high quality written documents in Word, setting up and maintaining complex spreadsheets in Excel and confident in using email and MS Teams.
* High level understanding of legal and procedural context in which work undertaken.
* Deep understanding of relevant Council and Transport Strategy policies and objectives such as Local Transport Plan (LTP) and Suffolk Design.
* Capable of evaluating and developing practices within section.
* Ability to positively contribute to cross divisional working groups (i.e. the development of improved policies or practices by working with people from other teams within Transport Strategy, the directorate and partner organisations).
* Excellent project management skills
If you are a Transport Development Engineer, apply now or send your CV to Spinwell!
We welcome all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which You will make you aware by means of either email, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by emailing us