Role Title: Operations & Non-Operations Accounting Team Leader
Contract Length: 12 Months
The incumbent is the corner stone for delivering accurate and timely financial data for Operated & Non-Operated Assets, Drilling, Exploration & G&A, ensuring the relevant validation and checks and balances have been applied, as set down by the Head of UK Finance.
The individual oversees the delivery to both internal and external stakeholders of relevant and timely business control, performance analysis and reporting.
This position is the owner of the UK budget and forecast process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and direction to team members and ensure the full delivery of team and individual objectives.
• Manage the performance of team members e.g., conduct appraisals, identify training and development needs,
• Participate in recruitment, selection, and induction processes.
Management Information, Business KPI consolidation
• Gather inputs and coordinate with other functions to prepare budget, forecast, Management Outlook Calls, Finance Bilateral and BoR submissions for the relevant JVs; input and report the data in the appropriate
• Become the SPOC (Single Point of contact) and hold overall responsibility for all financial Management Information for the UK Business (MOC, UK Budget reforecast, Asset Dashboard, Scorecard, G&A deep dive/dashboard etc)
Ops and JV Team Leader
• Monthly reconciliation & consolidation of UK budget reforecast for all P&L activity
• Coordinate & consolidate the annual Budget Plan process for the UK.
• Responsible for delivery of the UK G&A forecast and budget, including accurate cost allocations and time-writing statistics.
• Ensure all UK Operated JV Budgets and associated AFEs are issued accurately and in a in a timely manner, in accordance with the relevant JoA and that spend against non op AFE’s/billings are tracked in accordance with approved budgets.
• Responsible for the full compliance of the relevant accounting articles of the JoA’s.
• Responsible for the quality of the processes, controls, and deliverables, performed by the UK Ops and JV (Non-Op) Finance Team, are in line with client Accounting processes and guidelines.
• Continually identify risks to delivery; propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
• Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices, under the direction of the Head of Finance.
Required Cometencies & Experience:
• Relevant Accountancy qualification
• Experience in a similar position in the E&P sector and good understanding of E&P asset performance and activity
• A solid grasp of all financial topics
• Strong Finance systems skills – SAP, Excel, BPC, and BBC.
• An ability to analyse, summarise and comply with tight deadlines.
• Good communication and management skills
• Strong forecasting & budgeting skills
• Ensure accuracy in completed month ends, presentation of data including forecasts and budgets.
• Fully understand and interpret the significance of the financial data and provide insight and a full Business Partnering relationship to all key stakeholders.
• An understanding of and a familiarity with governance and accounting processes and standards
• Language: English required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients