Electrical Vehicle Inspection Techicians x 10
Monday – Thursday: 7:00am - 17:00pm , Opportunities to work O/T on a Friday.
£30.26 Umbrella All hours.
Purpose of Post
To ensure that the vehicle is road-worthy and safe before delivery to the customer.
Electrical Inspection of bus
• Conduct Pre-delivery Inspection in a timely manner and to the Bus Quality Standard, including the programming / execution of Wabco, Voith, Xentry, Cummins and Josam systems
• Conduct Road Tests and Shakedown Test in a timely manner and to the bus Quality Standard
• Identifying and rectifying faults when they occur
• Validate any rework of identified defects or uncompleted work after correction.
• Implement any customer sign-off feedback or customer market feedback on Quality issues to improve Quality for new buses leaving the factory
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals, drawings, and wiring diagrams
• Identify root causes of any relevant issues and implement solutions with operators, or other departments, to prevent re-occurrence
• Communicate with all levels of the business to improve standardisation and to reduce quality defects
• Give feedback on any of the issues above to allow Quality documentation to be updated and to carry forward lessons learned.
• Ability to use computer systems such as office and app based software
• Work alongside the managers and operators to create a teamwork environment to promote best practices for Quality
• Be a competent practical worker and ensure safe, efficient use of all hand tools
• Willing to work in any other required area and on occasion be willing to train others
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
• Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
• Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
• Bus is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit. You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
• You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
• You must follow the training received when using any work items Bus has provided.
• You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
• You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
• You must comply with the no smoking policy.
If you would like to apply for this role, please can you send me the following to robert wilamowski or call Rob Wilamowski on (phone number removed) :
Date available to start,
A Microsoft Word copy of your CV
2 employment references
Scanned copies of your qualifications and passport