RLE International is working on behalf of their Essex based Automotive Client, who are currently looking for an HV Battery Design and Release Engineer to support and join their expanding team.
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
We are positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
HV Battery Design and Release Engineer
Rate: NEGOTIABLE (PAYE via Umbrella)
HV Battery Design and Release Engineer being established to provide clean-sheet design, launch and delivery of breakthrough electric vehicles and connected technologies at scale. The Electrified Systems Engineering team are growing to enable this vision. Well help you build the experience you need and together well move fast, be open to risk and create solutions with passion. An opportunity has opened for a Battery Design and Release Engineer as part of the Model e organisation.
* You will be responsible for the design of battery unit components including, thermal, structural and electrical functions.
* Manage GPDS deliverables for battery components.
* Manage engineering deliverables for Quality, Cost, Weight and Function.
* Complete Failure Mode Avoidance process for battery components primarily injection moulded structural and electrical components.
* Enter HV battery inputs for all gateways and engineering milestones including engineering deliverable reviews with the North American Core Technical Specialists. Manage supplier timing for battery unit components and ensure quality parts on time for both prototype and launch build phases.
* Ensure HV battery components / systems meet system and vehicle level functional and attribute targets.
* Specify DV test and validation requirements for inclusion in battery unit and vehicle level DVPs, help with DV planning and execution.
* Participate in battery unit component and systems design reviews as required.
* Interface with US ESE core team, unit team, CAD team, CAE team, component suppliers as required.
* Manage releasing and change management via WERS and FEDE BOM.
* Track key open items / issues and develop and implement action/resolution plans with ESE Engineering functional areas and x-functional teams to resolve.
* Track open issues via AIMS & Concerns and adhere to LQOS during launch.Skills Preferred:Track open issues via AIMS & Concerns and adhere to LQOS during launch. Lead team of 4 and support program sourcing strategies in line with Purchasing, Finance and Program timing needs Knowledge of HV battery technology, design and validation is desirable, however we will help you build the experience you need. ¿ Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technically complex projects working cross functionally.
* Good working knowledge of GPDS process and utilisation of clients Product Development toolset such as: TeamCentre o Global Integrator FEDE BoM / WERS G8D DFMEA Robustness & Reliability toolset
* Demonstrable experience of working with little supervision.
* Ability to quickly obtain and grow knowledge in a rapidly developing technology.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated with excellent team working skills.
* Education is important to us; ideally, youll have a Degree in Engineering Discipline (or equivalent) in hand, or you have completed two third of formal study towards degree course and commitment to complete studies. But if thats not the case and you have experience/skills you feel are relevant and beneficial to the role, were interested to hear from you.
* Some experience of injection moulding and electrical components is desirable
* Some experience / knowledge of tolerance stacks, DVA / VSA is desirable.
Travel: YES Climate trips to support development activities
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now.
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*
Eligibility: Due to working on behalf of our client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined
**NO AGENCY CALLING