Role: Test Engineer
Contract Length: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Hybrid/Edinburgh or Glasgow
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £483 per day
Clearance: Disclosure Scotland
Spinwell is recruiting for a Test Engineer for an excellent opportunity within the public sector.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE OF THE TEST ENGINEER
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
* SPA, React, Next.js
* REST APIs
* Spring Boot microservices
* Junit, WebDriver, Cucumber, Cypress
* Experienced in building and maintaining test automation frameworks
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
* Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high performing, cross-functional
* development teams.
* Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software
* development projects.
* Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering
* quality and value.
* Ensuring robustness of code via error-handling, alerting mechanisms, healthchecks, computer consumable logging, regardless of tools/language/environment.
* Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks.
* Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems.
* Working in Agile delivery models.
* Working with Digital First or GDS quality standards.
* Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design
* Non- functional testing including Accessibility, Usability and Performance testing.
* Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process.
* Designing and testing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Postgres,
* Oracle, Informix, and Mongo.
* Mining of complex data sets to identify complex and boundary test cases
If you are a Test Engineer, apply now or send your CV to Spinwell!
We welcome all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which You will make you aware by means of either email, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by emailing us