Salary: Starting from £12.62 and raising to £14.53 after 12 months
Hours: 19 per week
Contract Details: 12 months Fixed term contract
Please note, if successful in this role your contractual job title will be Customer Service Consultant
At Post Office, we aspire to be at the very heart of customers’ choice by becoming the most trusted provider of essential services to every person in the land.
Working as part of our busy team, building a great rapport with customers will come naturally to you as you work in all areas of the Post Office, including the Counter, Postshop, Travel Area and Meet & Greet.
You will need the ability to communicate easily and effectively with customers and match our products to their needs. A genuine enthusiasm for delivering exceptional customer service, while driving sales of our innovative products and services is essential.
If this sounds like you, read the below job description for further information below – and apply by following the link above.
What to expect
Working in one of our Directly Managed Branches (DMBs), the purpose of this role is to Wow our customers by offering a consistent level of customer service, introducing them to our fantastic range of services and financial products that meet their needs.
What we can do for you
* Giving every one of our customers outstanding customer experience, so that they can always be “Wowed”.
* Greeting and building a strong rapport with our customers, highlighting the benefits of our products and services.
* Generate high quality sales opportunities by generating customer referrals and appointments as appropriate.
* Working as an integral part of a team, being flexible and adapting the way that you work, understanding how you contribute towards the overall financial success of the branch.
* Processing our wide range of transactions and balancing both monies and stock with a high degree of accuracy and compliance to our branch standards.
* Provide advice to customers to ensure that they select the right product that meets the needs of the customer, e.g. Mails, Travel Money etc.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with any specific legislative, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
What you’ll need to succeed
* In the role you will need to demonstrate an excellent knowledge across our whole range of products and keep yourself updated with any product changes, including those offered by our competitors.
* You understand what outstanding customer service looks, feels and sounds like; this is an important foundation to your knowledge base.
* You demonstrate passion and enthusiasm to Wow your customers and be able to hold friendly, informed conversations about our products and services, keeping up the engagement even when things get busy.
* Your personality and qualities are what we value the most at Post Office.
* We need our people to embody our key values of care, challenge, and commit. We want our people to be passionate about our products and to be friendly and warm in their conversations with our customers.
* You will need to be a great team player who understands and respects everybody’s contribution to our success and is able to proactively help and support fellow team members, sharing your knowledge and ideas.
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country’s most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We’re the UK’s largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide – more than all of the UK’s banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That’s why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we’re improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we. We're here, in person, for the people who rely on us.
Our Ways of Working underpin everything we do, they are the “How” of our business strategy. They differentiate our business and aim to inspire great behaviours and align our colleagues around specific actions in order to be the organisation we want to be, and achieve our business goals.
By living the Ways of Working each day, you will help make that vision a reality and enable our cultural transformation. In short: Working in partnership, as one team, we deliver amazing results!
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job