Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D centre is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit our website.
Darktrace have an immediate requirement for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll Management team on a 6 month fixed term contract (FTC). This hybrid role would be worked from our Cambridge office, ideally 2 days per week.
This role plays an important part of the payroll team, supporting in-house UK and EMEA functions. Ensuring that all payroll and HR information is processed securely and in confidence, laising with external payroll providers and key internal stakeholders and ensuring timely and accurate processing and reporting of payroll across assigned countries.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of employee pay and benefits within UK and assigned EMEA countries.
* Perform all monthly payroll entries into payroll systems and updating reports, ensuring accuracy of salary, bonus, or commission payments.
* Accurate and timely submission of monthly RTI returns to HMRC.
* Working closely with HR and Commissions teams to ensure adjustments are processed accurately and on time.
* Maintain and develop relationships with local providers for assigned payrolls.
* Involved with accurate preparation and delivery of year end declarations for your countries.
* Provide advice and guidance to employees and stakeholders regarding your payroll regions.
* Support with the preparation and delivery of key information for external audits.
* Provide support with the preparation and reporting of annual P11D and PSA returns.
We welcome applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a track record of UK payroll experience, with any international payroll experience being beneficial.
Additionally you'll likely have:
* Strong experience of managing UK payroll within a large organisation (essential)
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (essential)
* Numerate with strong attention to detail (essential)
* Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise work within defined timelines (essential)
* Enthusiastic, reliable, and self-confident, with an excellent telephone manner (essential)
* Confident in addressing and escalating matters with colleagues in order to resolve underlying issues (essential)
* Effective communication skills with finance and non-finance staff, collaborative, proactive and able to tackle both new and routine tasks (essential)
* Flexible working to accommodate key monthly deadlines at peak times (essential)
* Experience of using Sage 50 Payroll (desirable)
Benefits we offer:
* 23 days paid holiday (pro-rata for the duration of the contract)
* Additional birthday day off.
* Salary Sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employer contribution and minimum 5% employee contribution (pro-rata for the duration of the contract)