Site Operations Manager - 12 month contract - Reading/Hybrid - Mobile Telecoms
In a nutshell
The role holder will maintain PPM delivery, spares logistics and management of all site operations activities that ensure sites stay on air and accessible for the incident and deployment teams to carry out their works
Accountable for the leadership and proactive management of all aspects of spares, sites and safety assurance on behalf of the Senior Site Operations Manager.
Spare Parts Management:
- Accountable for the owning and proactively managing the delivery of operational spare part management services by the supplier ecosystem against contractual obligations and industry benchmarks. Undertaking direct intervention to identify root causes of service underperformance, instigating recovery initiatives to deliver and improve service performance.
- Accountable for the assurance, approval and maintenance of detailed plans for the management of operational spare parts based on service requirements, current state inventory, utilisation, asset lifecycle stage, failure statistics, lead times and incremental service demand to achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the MBNL Logistics Team, for the procurement of operational spare parts in accordance with detailed plans and operational readiness and acceptance processes. Responsible for the review and approval of any proposed disposal of operational spare parts by the supplier ecosystem
- Responsible for the proactive management of the operations supplier ecosystem against MBNL Infrastructure Management policies and guidelines. Clearly communicating the site maintenance requirements and obligations placed on them and holding them to account for meeting them to achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible, in conjunction with the MBNL Health and Safety Team, for the proactive management of the operations supplier ecosystem against MBNL Health and Safety standards, policies and guidelines. Clearly communicating the Health and Safety requirements and obligations placed on them and holding them to account for meeting them to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the MBNL Health and Safety, for the proactive management of out of bounds sites and establishing safe systems of work that enable operational service to be maintained until the site is returned to in bounds status.
What we are looking for:
Strong experience of establishing, developing and leading a spares and sites operations function to achieve agreed business outcomes, performance targets and industry benchmarks.
Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to deliver best in class technical and business services.
Strong experience of managing, motivating, monitoring and improving performance of contractors and suppliers.
Strong experience of building deep, effective relationships and an understanding of organisational politics. An ability to use these to socialise and influence stakeholders.
Experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
Experience of managing the natural tensions between customer, commercial and technical requirements.Nice to haves:
Data savvy and have an ability to manipulate data to identify trends and ordering needs; Perhaps to have some Power BI skills
Comfortable in managing finances - budget forecasting, PO raising receipting etc
Comfortable documenting / creating overall order/finance status reports
MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and Three for serving their tens of millions of customers in the UK. Working at MBNL means being part of a team where you feel connected, valued and supported.
MBNL - building strength through inclusion.
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other's uniqueness. Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy