Job Title: Store person
Job location: Barton under Needwood
Hourly pay rate: £14.32 per hour (PAYE) or £18.01 per hour (Umbrella)
Shifts: Various must be flexible (Days and Nights)
Hours per week: Average 40 hours per week
Duration: Long Term contract
Start date: ASAP
Industries considered: Rolling Stock, HGV, Automotive, Aerospace, RAF, REME, Army, Navy, Marine, Avionics, Rolling Stock, Commercial/Industrial, Plant
Disciplines considered: Store Person, Storeman, Store woman, Tool Stores, Armourer, Issuer, Hire Controller, Stores Controller, Building Supplies
They are a global leader in Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing, service and maintenance.
To undertake general stores duties (including goods receipt and issue, stock control). Input information to the computerised business databases and undertake general road vehicle driving duties and forklift truck operation. Key responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for undertaking general duties within the depot stores, including goods receipt and issue, and stock control
* Replenishment of line-side maintenance stock
* Full understanding of picking kits required for component exchange programmes
* Responsible for entering precise and accurate information in the computerised business databases to ensure inventories, locations and configurations are accurately recorded
* Full understanding of booking materials to service orders. (Correct material allocation)
* Create paper work for stock rejections.
* Updating storage bins, stock locations and quantities
* Tracking of internal / external float material through SAP
* Record / Label dirty material, ensuring that it is dispatched weekly
* Undertake the PI cycle count process as lead by the Materials Controller
* Responsible for the safe operation of the fork-lift truck
* Unloading / Loading vehicles, ensuring that all material is located correctly.
* Responsible for general road vehicle driving duties associated with the depot
* Arranging transport and transfer of material from depot to depot / outstation
* Responsible for reporting any defects with tools, plant and equipment is immediately reported
* Full understanding of write off, scrap and waste management process
* Develop/adapt Lean principles in line with Continuous Improvement Programme
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
Experience and qualifications
* Good knowledge of Stores issuing / receipt processes.
* Full understanding of Health and Safety procedures throughout the work place.
* Full fork lift licence
* Inventory management experience is advantages.
* Proficient in computerised business tools (SAP and MS Office such as Excel and Word)
Relevant experience required
* Proven experience and track record in a similar position
* Proven experience in stores control
* Good communications skills
* Experienced in using computerised business tools (eg SAP, MS Office)
* Clean Driving Licence
* Ability to operate a counter balance FLT and Reach truck
* You have legal responsibilities under various safety and environmental legislation.
* You are generally responsible for your health, safety security and welfare.
* You have a constant duty to ensure that there is no harm to customers, colleagues, contractors or the general public, by ensuring you undertake your duties correctly.
* You have a duty to identify and report hazards and unsafe acts.
* You are responsible for complying with all relevant safety standards
* You must ensure that all accidents, incidents and near-misses involving yourself are properly reported
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client