We are currently recruiting on behalf our prestigious clients, for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians for full time positions at their refinery in Clydach, Swansea.
The Mond Nickel Refinery, owned & operated by Vale Europe recently celebrated 120 years of production and is one of the world's leading Nickel refineries. Vale are globally one of the world's largest mining companies, with with operations in the UK, Asia, the USA and across Europe.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Technician will ideally possess good mechanical problem solving skills and have the ability to work under pressure. The Mechanical Technician will support the Production units by utilising specialist knowledge and skills to undertake scheduled maintenance as well as responding to breakdowns during normal working hours and out of hours as part of an on call rota.
To be considered for the role the applicant must:
* Have served a recognised Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering
* A Suitable period of work experience gained in heavy industry
* Knowledge of rotational equipment, belts, conveyors, pumps, drives and motors is essential
* You will be capable of machining basic engineering parts using lathes, milling machines and centre bores
* A CCNSG Site Safety Passport is required along with a valid driver's licence
* The ability to work at heights and within confined spaces is a mandatory requirement for this role
* The role will also require the donning and wearing of Breathing Apparatus as required
* A flexible approach is required for this role as the successful candidate will join an on-call rota following plant and equipment orientation
Starting salary is £34,680 rising to £36,720 although earnings can be significantly higher due to Shutdowns, overtime (paid at 1.75) & call ins. in addition to this you are entitled to a 10% annual bonus.
If you have the relevant experience, please apply with an up-to-date CV detailing your work history to date and two recent references