Job Title: HR Advisor – Fixed Term Contract
Salary: A26 – A29 (£14,977.85 - £16,325.62 – Actual Salary)
Contractual Weeks: 41 Working Weeks
Hours per week: 22.5 / 4 Days per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Start date: ASAP
Contract End Date: 12 Month Contract
Are you compassionate, adaptable and a good communicator? Do you want to work for an organisation where you can make a difference to the lives of young people with complex disabilities and learning difficulties? If so Hereward College in Tile Hill, Coventry could be the ideal employer for you. Every day is different on campus and there is never a dull moment. The college has been supporting young people for 50 years on our pleasant 12-acre site. You could be part of our future. Our employees make us what we are and everyone plays a part in our continued success.
In recognition of your efforts we provide employees with:
* 30 – 40 Days holidays per annum, plus statutory public holidays and 4 concession days (Pro rata for part time staff)
* Local Government Pension (21% Employer Contribution) or Teachers Pension (23.68% employer contribution) scheme
* Life Assurance
* A variety of working patterns including term time, part time, full time and all year-round
* Free on-site parking
* Access to a retail discount scheme
* 5 Days Training per year
* Access to online training courses
* Most importantly a friendly, passionate and supportive work environment.
* And more!
We are currently recruiting for a HR Advisor to join our existing team on a 12 month contract.
In this post you will be responsible for assisting with and at times independently leading HR projects, advice, policy and operational issues as appropriate.
The role encompasses the full remit of HR issues and is a true generalist position and includes:
* Provide advice and support regarding discipline, grievance, change management and other employee relations issues.
* Coach and advise managers on aspects of people management, such as performance, recruitment, employment law, change and attendance.
* Carry out operational HR tasks, reviewing and improving processes where appropriate.
* Carry out daily HR administration
* Ensure, with feedback from HR Manager, HR policies are up to date and reflect best practice and legislation.
* Contribute to design and delivery of staff development including design and delivery of internal training.
* To work with departmental managers and HR team to ensure all appropriate pre-employment checks are completed for new staff.
* Maintain, produce and evaluate HR data to inform decision making
* Lead and take ownership of specific HR-related projects, with support as appropriate.
* Be aware of legislative / regulatory requirements which impact upon the operations of the HR function and take the necessary actions to ensure adherence.
In order to be considered for this opportunity please visit our careers page.
Here you can review the full job and person specification, allowing you to determine if you meet our requirements. If you feel you can add value to the college and have the desire, motivation and ambition to make a real difference, we would encourage you to complete an application and diversity monitoring form.
The closing date for application is 14th December 2023.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Be quick to submit your application though, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity as the College reserves the right to close this advert when sufficient applications have been received. We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure and provide referee details. Employment and confirmation of start date will be conditional upon receipt relevant pre-employment checks. Whilst all applications are judged on merit alone, we would welcome applications from ethnic minority candidates as this section of the community is currently under-represented in our workforce. The College Is committed to supporting employees who experience mental health difficulties and is proud to display the Mindful Employer logo