Infrastructure Engineer (2nd / 3rd line)
Contract until end of March 2024 – expected to extend
£200 PER DAY - Inside IR35
Hybrid working – Home and Cardiff based.
Working for the NHS in Wales who are engaged in the delivery of several projects designed to improve and modernise its digital infrastructure. Key amongst these projects is the transition and migration of infrastructure from one data centre site to another.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you are required to provide management support and development of infrastructure services, both for Business as Usual (BAU) activity as well as to support the planning and delivery of the data centre transition project.
* Windows Server 2016 /2019 /2022 infrastructure experience, OS install and configuration.
* PowerShell scripting knowledge and skills
* In-depth VMware and Hyper-V experience
* Active Directory experience
* Windows DFS
* Basic networking knowledge and support
* Storage Appliances - SOFs, PowerVault, PowerStore
* HP 3PAR
* Brocade SAN Switches
* Diagnose and troubleshoot system and network problems, software faults or hardware complications.
* Support IT projects, such as cybersecurity initiatives, hardware replacement/upgrades, and the integration of new technologies.
* Any experience of infrastructure as code would be highly desirable - i.e., Terraform, Ansible
* NetBackup v10
* Experience working ITIL standards and ISO 27001
* Proactively minimise threats and manage IT security incidents.
* Change Management – ensure awareness of planned changes.
* Experience of working in controlled Data Centre environments.
* DELL/HP Converged infrastructure Server - i.e., VxRail
* Support large datacentre migration project.
* Advanced infrastructure design with specialist knowledge of SQL
* Thorough understanding of all related area of IT and communications such as databases, TCP/IP, servers, and web browsers.
Working with Application Managers, Senior Product Specialists, NHS clinicians, strategists, and users to establish requirements for new IT infrastructure services and enhancements to existing systems for product areas for which the post holder is responsible.
* Significant experience of working in an infrastructure development and support role
* Experience in providing 2nd to 3rd line IT expertise within a multi-site, large organisation.
* Proven experience in the analysis, design development and project management of infrastructure systems
* Proven record in the delivery and support of major IT systems
* Experience in supervising IT Development and Support staff
* Excellent understanding and record of translating business/functional requirements into specialist technical specifications and complex operational IT systems
* Demonstrate a track record of delivering successful projects.
* Experience and responsibility for service delivery
* Experience in supporting a large-scale datacentre migration project