This role is hybrid working, onsite presence in Alloa approx 2 days a week. This role is inside IR35.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading is a multi-disciplinary contracting business, with the skills and expertise to deliver complex projects in complex environments across a number of different service lines, including (but not limited to); LV / HV power, utilities, M&E, EV and renewable energy infrastructure installation, street lighting, and testing, commissioning and inspection services
The delivery of everything from straightforward solutions to highly complex energy infrastructure projects through an end-to-end approach, using innovation and collaboration and providing excellent value to clients are central to the company's mission, vision and values, and is seen as critical to the continued success of the business. Their staff are tirelessly dedicated to delivering the highest standards of project excellence for a wide and varied client base, which in turn ensures they continue to be a competitive force in the industry.
Due to a major contract award requiring commercial support and assistance, our client is now looking to appoint an experienced Quantity Surveyor on a contract basis. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the main purpose of this role will be to ensure commercial and contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a complex E&I based project. You will provide support to other members of the commercial and quantity surveying teams, and Directors and Managers on all aspects relating to commercial activity.
* In conjunction with the relevant project management and commercial team members, be accountable for the profitability of this complex project , and develop appropriate commercial strategies to ensure delivery of required margins
* Management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is captured, managed, updated, tracked and reported with budget costs, tender allowances, risk, opportunities and deviations
* Lead the interface of information between clients, subcontractors, suppliers and internal teams
* Ensure any contract changes are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with clients in a timely manner
* Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down required responsibilities from the main contract
* Advice project delivery team in arranging and undertaking financial reviews, including the issue of associated reports
* Provision of accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on projects in line with the company’s reporting process, whilst always ensuring compliance with commercial expectations
* Support project progress monitoring, provide commercial reporting and incorporate information to underpin change management and variations orders
* Entering information into specialized estimating software
* Coordinating and collating information gathered from site surveys
* Analysing construction drawings and specifications to determine labour, material, and specialist requirements
* Measuring works according to contract-specific schedules of rates
* Submitting measured works accounts to clients
* Conducting cost analysis and meet required project Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
* Previous experience in the capacity of being a member of a commercial – quantity surveying team within a relevant FM, utilities, power, energy, I&E, M&E or specialist infrastructure environment, and possessing at least 5+ years’ experience
* Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of contract
* Knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
* Knowledge of various construction techniques for a wide array of projects
* Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of quantity surveying to complex and challenging schemes
* Knowledge of Re-measurable contracts
* Previous experience using estimating software
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Proactive and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
* Strong customer focus and a professional demeanour always
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
* Experience in dealing with Early warnings.
A highly attractive day rate is on offer for the successful candidate, coupled with a challenging variety of work, given the company’s secured forward order workload and their continued dedication to profitable growth within the UK