Our client in North London is recruiting a Corporate Accountant - Finance – To be a technical expert in all parts of Corporate Finance and provide specialist financial accounting advice to budget holders and other officers to support decision-making.
Responsible for ensuring that all VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax and SDLT are calculated correctly, appropriate records are kept and ensuring the organisation is tax-efficient.
Qualification – Essential
* GCSE/O Level, 5 GCSE including English & maths
* CCAB Accountancy Qualification or part qualified and actively studying for such a qualification.
* Advanced –Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and social media:
Skills, Abilities & Experience – Essential
* An understanding and experience in local government regulations.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local government finance, budgeting and accounting.
* Experience providing high-level advice, support and challenges on various complex financial and service issues.
* High level of financial accounting knowledge.
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and interpret detailed and complex financial and other information.
* Able to develop and use financial management systems and to have the confidence and ability to train and develop others in the use and application of such systems.
* Knowledge & understanding of financial management.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presenting complex and detailed financial and other issues to a diverse audience.
* Solid experience developing and managing productive relationships with external and internal contacts and agencies.
* Advanced IT skills, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Ability to design, construct and interpret complex spreadsheets.
* Extensive experience working with integrated financial systems in a large organisation.
* Experience providing financial advice and support to senior officers, members and external stakeholders.
* Advanced modelling skills.
* Specialist expertise in the area of local government regulations is required.
Essential Compliance Requirements
* Three Years of Reference- necessary.
* Available for immediate start.
* A pre-engagement screening is mandatory for this role.
Diamond Blaque is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Diamond Blaque is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy