Murray Recruitment are working in partnership with a large main contractor who have a new opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join their team.
This role is available on a full time, fixed term contract – covering 12-15months to cover maternity leave. Any additional further opportunities could be discussed thereafter.
* Reporting to the Senior Estimating Manager, you will support the pre-construction team with preparing tenders to secure projects.
* In particular competitive design and build tenders for both new build and refurbishment projects.
* Liaising with Planners, Design Managers and Preconstruction Managers to deliver best solution.
* You will obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends.
* Identifying and reporting on risk and opportunity.
* cope and produce accurate net estimates in accordance with company standards to win work.
* The Scottish team work on projects across the central belt area as well as projects in the North Scotland.
* You will be joining a business who are involved within education, health care and long-term residential care facilities areas.
* Projects ranging from £10million - £100million.
Experience/ Qualifications needed:
* Suitably qualified within a relevant discipline - SCQF Level 7 or higher (HNC/ HND).
* Experienced Senior Estimator with knowledge and experience in preparing competitive estimates and cost plans.
* Ideally with Construction and Pre-Construction experience.
* Be able to work on multiple projects at various stages at any one time without the need for close supervision.
* Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and execution of tender documentation and reporting of findings to various stakeholders.
* Have a diligent approach to the preparation of information to customers and to the checking of information provided by others.
* A focus on estimating software and tender strategy and ability to utilise, interpret, and represent the data collected.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to challenge the status quo and apply intelligent solutions to the design management process.
* Have a real passion for the industry and want to deliver exceptionally, the places where we live, learn, work, play, care and protect.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Salary: DOE.
* Company car/ car allowance.
* Flexible/ hybrid working available.
* Pension Scheme matched up to 6%.
* 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* Private healthcare cover.
* People Portal for high street discounts
* Sharesave plan.
* Incentive scheme.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today!
Not the job for you but know someone who would be perfect for the role? Why not refer a friend? If they are successfully placed in the role, you will receive £250 worth of vouchers? Refer a friend