Job Title: Client Adviser - Liverpool
Salary: £27,275 - Increasing to £31,059 following successful completion of a 6 months probation period
Job type: 12 Month Fixed Term
Closing Date: 30 October 2023
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently looking for a Client Adviser to join our vibrant and committed Migrant Help team in Liverpool on a 12 month fixed term contact, with the potential to be extended or made permanent.
The successful candidate will be empathetic and resilient, have proven experience of providing advice and support to emotionally sensitive people and be passionate about protecting our vulnerable clients.
You will work as part of our Home Office contract covering Advice, Issue Reporting and Eligibility (AIRE) providing advice, guidance, assistance and support to eligible asylum seekers. The work is extremely rewarding, by empowering people in real need, sharing information and providing them with the tools to support them through the asylum process. We work in a supportive environment, providing team members with in-depth training on regulatory standards and Migrant Help procedures as well as committing to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) good practice.
If you are target driven and friendly, have demonstrable experience of working under pressure and within deadlines and are looking for an exciting role that makes a difference, we'd love to hear from you!
Duties and responsibilities:
* Provide advice and support to asylum seekers in line with the AIRE Contract
* Ensure that all clients are aware of eligibility criteria and provide them with support by providing an Induction and completing the 'Asylum Support' application form (ASF)
* Assist clients in communication with authorities
* Issue payment cards and providing information and briefings on their use
* Provide guidance and information on immigration related matters and general enquiries
* Liaise with other statutory or voluntary agencies on behalf of clients
* Act as point of contact for Home Office, Social Services, Healthcare providers and other relevant agencies for applicants with additional support needs
* Contact accommodation providers and other relevant agencies, providing letters as appropriate to ensure that vulnerable clients are supported
* Keep full and accurate case records and complete any case follow ups within time scales
* Participate in duties on a rota basis (or ad hoc) such as 'out of hours' telephone advice services
* Keep up to date with the legislation and how it impacts on clients
* Respond flexibly to provide support for other operational activities and projects
Experience and skills:
* Ability to communicate professionally with multiple stakeholders - both written and verbally
* Excellent IT skills with Microsoft Word package
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
* Ability to understand and explain complex information
* Highly dedicated with a genuine interest in Migrant Help, its values and our clients
What else to expect:
* Our department is open Monday to Friday, you will work hours between 8am and 5.30pm
* This is a Hybrid working role which means that there is a requirement to work from the office where required
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check & Counter Terrorism Clearance (CTC) For CTC application applicant must:
* Be able to provide a valid passport eg. 10-year full British passport, EU or non-EU Passport with indefinite leave to remain
* Be able to provide continuous UK address history for the previous 5 years
* Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment
* Flexibility and work life balance
* Enhanced family friendly provisions
* Additional holiday entitlements
* Perkbox benefits
* Non-contributory pension scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Care Advisor, Helpline Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, Admin, Administrator, Complaints Officer, Customer Support, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Aid, Customer Support Advisor, Customer Services Officer, Client Services Support, Client Support Agent and Customer Services Administrator may also be considered for this role