Infrastructure Technical Specialist - Inside IR35 Contract - 6 months
* Manage incident and service request tickets, ensuring tasks are dealt with within SLA.
* To work in accordance with the ITIL framework and governance standards ensuring that areas such as change control, incident and problem management, asset management, continual service improvement, and security best practice are considered and followed at all times.
* To be prepared to provide flexible support for scheduled changes, upgrades or troubleshooting after hours or at weekends if required.
* Monitor key health signs of infrastructure and respond to actual or predicted issues within SLA and with the minimum impact to business operation.
* Continually look for areas for improvements in technologies and processes, and to proactively take steps to bring about positive change.
* Support projects by assisting with the delivery of infrastructure related tasks.
* Participate in investigations & remediation of any reported Security vulnerabilities or Security breaches.
* Participate in Disaster Recovery initiatives including regular testing and ensure skills and knowledge across systems are maintained in order to assist with DR invocation.
* Participates in 24x7 on call and out of hours support rota.
Design and Development
* Implementation of infrastructure design and build best practices.
* Participates in technical design reviews, and contribute to infrastructure task estimates and reviews.
* Help to drive technical enhancements across system real estate, proactively identifying areas for improvement
* Raise concerns if requests will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues.
* Consulting with colleagues and or clients with a view to specifying, designing and building infrastructure solutions.
* Implementation of architectural and technical best practices to improve the overall quality and speed of infrastructure deployment.
* Collaborates with peers, architects, and other key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business requirements on larger delivery items.
* Creation of documentation to reflect existing systems, infrastructure & processes including the creation of Technical Design Documents. Also to ensure that such documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Solid experience of working with a secure regulated infrastructure and of implementing measures such as security patching, anti-virus, network segregation and firewalls
- Solid understanding and ability to apply best practice network and infrastructure standards
- Time management and estimating skills
- Microsoft Windows technologies (Including installation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFSR, Group Policy)
- Virtualisation (VMWARE and Vsphere)
- High level of skills in TCP/IP Networking (including VLANs, VPN, routing, DNS)
- System Monitoring (e.g. , Nagios)
- IT and Cyber Security measures (e.g. firewalls, antivirus, security patching, IDP/IDS)
- Load balancing technologies (e.g. F5, Barracuda, NLB)
- SAN Technologies (Storage configuration & provision, Fibre Channel connectivity & zoning)